Canadian Relocation Program for Hong Kong Launches Soon

CVP - CanadianVP

Canada has seen an increase in interest from potential immigrants from Hong Kong through the number of skilled worker applications and study permit applications. 

The unrest in Hong Kong and young residents at odds with the government over the loss of freedoms has contributed to the interest. A high-profile activist was recently sentenced to 13 months in jail for his pro-democracy protests.

Ottawa recently announced the new immigration measures that will make it quicker and easier for the immigrants to relocate to Canada. If you and your family are considering relocating to Canada, contact Canadian Visa Professionals. The team of experts they work with will help you apply for the required visa to work and live in Canada.

Although the new immigration program plans have not been released, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada said under the new measures, citizens from Hong Kong who have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Canada will be allowed to apply for permanent residency without previous work experience. For Hong Kong graduates over the past five years, a three-year work permit will be available.

CVP - CanadianVP

UBC’s international student development director, Michelle Suderman, says the students shouldn’t worry about not reaching the grade average or English proficiency requirements. She encourages any student interested in coming to a Canadian post-secondary school to reach out and learn alternate ways to recognize the work they have done. There are many opportunities in Canada for you and your family. Contact Canadian Visa Professionals today for help with the visa application process. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.